xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Kate Farrall: Happy Thanksgiving

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope you had a great thanksgiving filled with a delicious dinner, dessert beyond compare and lots of laughter!

This little turkey was my grandmother’s. It’s a great reminder of the all-out meals she used to fix for us on Thanksgiving. In addition to the turkey and regular holiday dishes, there always had to be a giant stuffed ham, a Maryland delicacy. My mouth is watering thinking about it!

The small, worm-marked shell and a sea-worn plate in the background were both found on the shores of the Potomac River, near where I grew up. They’re a great reminder of home during the holidays and have me looking forward to my next visit. (No, mom, I haven’t booked any tickets.)

Cheers,

Kate


No comments: