xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Kate Farrall: I Like Killing Flies

Monday, October 29, 2007

I Like Killing Flies



If you haven't seen the movie, "I Like Killing Flies", it is worth the rental. We were cracking up. Keep in mind that files are killed in the making of this movie and that the f-bomb gets dropped about a thousand times so it's not for the faint of heart. If you live in nyc, perhaps you've had the pleasure of eating at Shopsins. :)

Here is the description from NetFlix:
Documentarian Matt Mahurin peers into Shopsin's, a hole-in-the-wall Greenwich Village restaurant that's been dutifully serving comfort food to satisfied customers for more than 30 years. Lording over the eatery is hilarious, ersatz philosopher/owner Kenny Shopsin, who caters to such regulars as writer Calvin Trillin. Shopsin dispenses tough love with his okra chowder and is just as likely to throw out customers as take their food orders.

3 comments:

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

Wow, this is a most intriguing start to the week. I'm totally going to rent this, especially since we might go to Greenwich Village in 2 weeks.

pmf1852 said...

Now you know this is has to go into my Netflix. Too bad KBG and I didn't have this recommendation for our Girl's Night last Friday.

Jamie Welsh Watson said...

A quick follow-up to say that we really enjoyed this quirky film, and hope to eat at Shopsins one day.