xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' Kate Farrall: Open Studios

Friday, September 05, 2014

Open Studios

In two weeks I’m opening my art studio so come by and say hello if you can. It would be great to see you.

I’m opening it up through the CAST Sacramento Open Studios event. There are 38 other studios open that weekend so there will be art all over. Here are the details...

Sat. 9/20/14 and Sun. 9/21/14
10am – 5pm
Studio #207
Free – open to the public
Map and Guide


Donna Napper, Curator of the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art selected me for inclusion in her Curator's Picks for Open Studios – I am so excited (and honored) to be on her list!

I'm really excited because I'll get to share a new project with you called Processing the Drugstore - where I made photograms completely inside a drugstore, from start to finish.

And, there will be a few other photogram goodies including the some made using foxfire, a bioluminescent fungus that I grow.  

Oh, and please come to the opening reception for the Open Studios Exhibition on Thursday 9/11, 6-9pm at Verge Center for the Arts. It’s free and I have a piece hanging in the show! The opening will coincide with the opening of 343 Dresses: the Chromatic Convergence Project by Mary Younnakof which is a super project, too.

Cheers,
Kate

P.S. Look for the red yard signs during Open Studios!
www.katefarrall.com

No comments: